Puebla or Bust Soup
- 2 poblano chiles seeded and sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 can stewed tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 2 cans black beans rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
Add-ins, I like to play with my food.
- vegan cheese optional. I like a feta sub for this recipe if you can find it.
- green salsa on the side
- avocado sliced
- jalapeño chopped
- dollop vegan sour cream or yoghurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Get your Dutch oven out and get it heating on low, were gonna sneak up on it. Add the poblanos and let them sit and think about what they’ve done wrong for a few minutes, then crank up the heat to about medium. We just want them to start blistering a bit and turn that heat back down to low. Add your onion and garlic once the Dutch oven has calmed the fuck down and won’t burn shit.
- Let the onions and garlic start to get translucent adding veggie broth to avoid sticking, don’t ruin my recipe. This should take about 7.4 minutes, then add the tomatoes, the rest of the veggie broth and turn the heat back up until it starts to rumble a bit, then back down to low. Let it stew about 11.2 minutes.
- Serve with a crusty bread, tortillas depending on what add-ins you’ve chosen or get cross continental it’s none of my business.
I didn’t add a bunch of shit to this, because I want to taste the individual flavors.
Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 241mg | Potassium: 873mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 397IU | Vitamin C: 59mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 5mg