- 3 cups iceberg lettuce chopped
- 3 cups spring mix
- 14 ounces tofu cubed
- ¼ cup white vinegar or use rice vinegar
- 5 ounces mushrooms you choose, chopped
- ¼ cup carrots chopped
- ½ cup cucumber cubed
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil or use oil spray or veggie broth
- crushed red pepper as desired
- 3 cups best grains Or use any grains you want.
- 1/4 cup peanuts or almonds soaked for an hour
- 3 dates
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. aminos
- 1 lime juiced
- ¼ cup rice vinegar or use rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 inch knob of ginger peeled
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
Alternate Dressing – Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar white or rice
- 2 tbsp water
- 5 dates
- 1 tbsp aminos
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 1 tsp paprika optional
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 lime juiced
- Place the cubed tofu in a shallow bowl and add the vinegar to marinate.
- Get out your Dutch oven and place over low heat, if you don’t have a Dutch oven get one already. But for now use your inferior cooking vessel.
- Add oil, spray, or broth and toss in the mushrooms and stir them up a bit. Let them sit there and think about what bad boys they have been for about 5.2 minutes. I hope you read the whole recipe and have been soaking your nuts for a while by now. If you are not using oil be sure to stir up those mushrooms and keep them from sticking. If you are using oil smack them around anyway, we’ll teach those mushrooms.
- Now drain the vinegar off of the tofu. We are only using that to assuage the formation of AGEs: look for it on this page, they are scary.
- Put the tofu in the Dutch oven and gently move them around, we don’t want to beat them down. Only do this for about 6.3 minutes as we don’t want them to get too over heated for the same AGE reason, (well go read it then)
- Make the dressing (either one) by placing everything except the red pepper flakes in a high speed blender and pulse until you get the consistency you want.
- Arrange over two bowls, split everything down the middle. Add your sauce and enjoy. Share with a friend or save the second bowl for tomorrow.
Calories: 761kcal | Carbohydrates: 97g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 430mg | Potassium: 1265mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 4879IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 369mg | Iron: 7mg