Taco Stuffed Peppers
Mexican version of stuffed pepper recipe
- 4 bell peppers you chose the color
- 1 1/2 cups black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice cooked
- 1 cup onion I use Yellow
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes diced
- 2 cups salsa separated
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo garnish
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 2 limes wedged
- 2 cups vegan cheese optional
- 1 serving best taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375° and spray a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut those bell peppers in half. Dig in and take out all those damn seeds and the ugly stuff
- Arrange in an oven safe bowl with the open side up. ffs
- Rinse and drain your beans. I use black, use what you want. Like I would care.
- Cook the rice or use just james grain mix
- Put a big ass skillet on the stove and put on medium heat. Add some Veggie broth, or just water, or spray with cooking oil
- Add onion and cook for about 5.1 minutes, then add garlice for about 1.2 minutes
- add beans and tomatoes and cook for 4.1 minutes
- add taco seasoning
- add 1 cup of salsa and get that fucker up to a simmer
- Slop mixture into each pepper. Top with fake cheese optional and bake until the cheese is melted and the peppers are crisp-tender, about 20.6 minutes.
- Top each pepper with lettuce and serve with pico de gallo, hot sauce, and lime wedges.
Serving: 2halves | Calories: 1322kcal | Carbohydrates: 234g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 3777mg | Potassium: 2533mg | Fiber: 34g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 10223IU | Vitamin C: 357mg | Calcium: 308mg | Iron: 10mg